Chocolate Cake base
-2 cups sugar
-3/4 cup of cocoa powder
-1 3/4 cup cake flour
-2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
– 1 cup buttermilk ( milk + 1 tbsp vinegar )
-1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-2 tsp vanilla extract
– raspberry preserve
1 cup heavy cream
200g 60% bittersweet chocolate baking bar
3 tbs corn syrup
Red Wine raspberry sauce ( optional )
2 containers fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs Cabernet Sauvignon
1. Sift all dry ingredients together
2. Add liquid ingredients and mix well
3. Pour into 2 prepared 8inch round pans
4. Bake at 350F for 25-28 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean
5. Remove and allow to cool completely before assembling
6. Once cooled spread raspberry preserve between layers
1. Cut chocolate into cubes, set aside.
2. Microwave the double cream until almost boiling. Remove from oven.
3. Add cut chocolate inside cream (Make sure cream cover all of chocolate)
4. Stir mixture after 5 mins.
3. Add corn syrup.
4. Cool for 5-10 minutes before spreading.
Raspberry Red Wine sauce
1. Combine raspberries and sugar in small saucepan and mashing raspberries a bit. ( I used half black berries and half raspberries)
2. Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer and add lemon juice
3. Simmer for 3 minutes and add in red wine
4. Simmer for one more minute
5. When ready to serve spoon red wine sauce on plate and place a cake slice on it and spoon more if desired.